skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Autumn.......

I love the autumn! I must say that I love it, the colors are beautiful, they seem brighter here than home! Funny, too is that I miss home and sometimes I feel like I complain too much about my living situation, when in fact I truly like it. For every one thing that I don't like I feel like I can name 2 or 3 that I do like and am enjoying. For example the Fall is huge in me liking New England! Number two is that I'm enjoying what I'm doing even though I'm not 100% sure what I'm supposed to be doing (still) and if I have been doing what I was supposed to be doing. But too be honest, I'd rather be helpful than a pain saying I can't do that because it's not in my job description. So I'm pushing on and waiting for the go ahead from a few more people (higher than me), because I really feel and see that this drop-in center can be a good thing for middle sch
oolers as well as the YMCA. It can be the starting point for other leadership programs for youth at the Y. I may just be the person who lays the stones or the foundation. We are not all the harvesters, and sometimes we don't see the fruits of our labor (prayer in post before).
So it's been more than a months of me being here and sometimes that feels long, while other times it feel really short. I can't believe that a month or so ago I was at home. I really miss my family and friends, but life is still good. This is what I needed right now, to spread my wings a little. Last year at this time I really wanted to test the boundaries and see how I could do on my life as my own. This year I'm doing that, God really listens and provides. 
As far as fun places and adventures that I've been on, I've gone to Salem and Lexington. Salem was really fun because now is the time to go because, well all the witches and such! I went with a few AmeriCorps people and that was good because I felt like I had some friends. I went to Lexington by myself. I liked Lexington, because of all the history and I saw a video on
Paul Revers's ride. It's just fascinating to be in some of the places where our country started.
1 comment:
those pictures of the foliage are beautiful! I always wanted to experience N. England in the fall!
Post a Comment