I've been back to the lake now twice since I've found it. It still is beautiful and such a peaceful and nice walk. I've gone to dinner by myself a couple of times at the Chiles bar and watched the Red Sox play, I miss the mariners, somedays... The first time I did it I saw between these two middle aged men and one of them started talking to me. He showed me a txt message from his friend who was at the Sox game in Tampa it was funny. On Friday, when I got to my training sight the police were on the street questioning a couple of guys. I decided I would park in the parking lot then and wait until the police left so I could park on the street. Well in the parking lot some guys were watching what was going on, and one of them came over to this pole and I couldn't see what he had in his hand or what he was doing. My first thought was oh no something bad is going to happen and then I noticed the guy was just taking a pee. That was pretty hilarious and cracked me up.
Yesterday was my mom's birthday (happy birthday mom) and I went to neighborhood day in Woburn to get some service hours done. This was really fun, a few of us went and pulled up some plants, met some people and hung out at a block party. Neighborhood day is a day when neighborhoods get together and hang out to get to know each other. It was great way to get to know the community. Also it was fun getting to know my team members.
As for today I went to church which was different. It was very traditional but the people were nice, so we'll see. Then I took the train into Boston and the subway to Quincy market. On the way I passed the monument to the Holocaust. The market was fun with all the street performs and the nice weather! There were lots of booths and things to buy. The water is close by too and that was beautiful with all the ships. Basically it was a beautiful trip and day, I'm suer I will go back sometime. There were also some interesting pubs, restaurants and bars, that seemed to have live music. Maybe I will hit those up sometime! So that's my week in a nutshell or rather a long post. I miss you all and would love for you to come and visit or be able to tell you all the stories!
No comments:
Post a Comment